Thursday, October 15, 2015

Aloe Plants Going On Sale

I am finally ready to sell some of my stock aloe plants. I just need to do some advertising. I also need to take some pictures, put some in pots, separate the pups out, or charge more for those maybe. There is a little work to be done but all fairly simple tasks. I need to learn how to pack it for the mail. I may stay away from the mail if it ends up being a huge hassle.

I need to find a place to set up shop. I will probably use my grandparents vacant field. I can plant out there and I can sell out there. I just need to set up near a faucet, and start putting some plants out. I can do some weekend specials. I can put an event together on facebook, and maybe put up a few craigslist ads. The point is that it is time to get moving on making things happen.

I am starting small. I am using what I have already purchased for personal use and donating it to my nursery. There are enough resources here to make a living selling plants. Time to jump in and get wet! My aloes are growing well. They may need a small dose of fertilizer or worm castings but they are strong and growing.

I also need to begin a fertilizing routine. My plants may be a little malnourished. I will put them out and see what the market thinks. I am excited to finally be making things happen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment